Alpine Heath Resort offers one hundred superb north-facing en-suite chalet accommodation with breathtaking views of the mountains, each equipped with telephone, good cellular reception, satellite TV, lots of privacy, comfortable lounges, fireplaces, self-catering kitchens and dining areas.
Set high in the majestic northern Drankensberg, midway between Durban and Johannesburg, 45km from Bergville in KwaZulu-Natal, Alpine Heath Resort is a stylish four-star Afro-Swiss designed mountain village, surrounded by crystal-clear streams and mountain-fresh air that blends perfectly with the landscape, and widely regarded as one of South Africa’s premier conference and holiday venues.
- 100 Chalets, that each sleep 6
- 100 Fully equipped three-bedroom chalets (1 x Double and 2 x Twin Bed)
- Chalet catering for the disabled
- Chalets are self-catering with the option of having meals at the Hotel
General Information on all Rooms
- Direct dial telephones
- Each chalet has it’s own private patio
- Fireplaces in all the chalets
Each chalet comprises of a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and two twin-bedded rooms that share a second bathroom
- Fully equipped self-catering units
- A safety deposit box and hairdryer are located in each unit.
- Television with selected DSTV channel
Standard Room Features
- 3 Bedroom suites include a main bedroom with en-suite bathroom and 2 bedrooms fitted with twin beds
- Each chalet has a second bathroom with bath and separate shower, lounge, kitchenette and patio
- Extensive range of customised toiletries
Serviced daily by housekeeping
Views from the Chalet
The Drakensberg and some with panoramic views on the lower dam and river.
Arrival and Departure Time
Early Arrival and Late Departure available on request and occupancy dependant
Check In – 16h00 | Check Out – 10h00
Baby cots can be arranges on request. please contact Reception. All chalets have Electric Blankets and a Fireplace, additional Heaters can be arranged by reception, at a additional cost.Rates for:
- baby cots- R150
- Heaters – R150
- Fridges – R250
- Braai Area – R120 (If we light your fire) R80 – If you light your own fire
- Gas braai – R65
Due to the fact that we cannot allow open braai (barbecue) fires at the chalets, gas braai facilities are available. Booking for gas braais are essential. Those guests wishing to bring their own gas braai equipment are welcome to do so. We also have the open fire braais for guests located near the pool.