View Alpine Heath Resort in a larger map
By SA Airlink to Pietermaritzburg. All other domestic flights fly to Durban and Johannesburg.
Johannesburg to Alpine Heath [340km - 3.5 hours]
- Take the N3 highway from Johannesburg towards Durban.
- Once you reach Harrismith, take the R74 off ramp, towards Bergville, Phuthatijaba and Bethlehem.
- Please note that there is construction at present, when you turn off the highway towards Bethlehem, follow the detour signs
- At the Harrismith Inn / Engen Service Station take the Qwa Qwa / Bethlehem road for 5km.
- Turn left onto the R74 towards Phuthaiijaba.
- About 8kn further on, turn left again, still on the R74, towards Bergville, Oliviershoek Pass and Northern Drakensberg.
- Travel for approximately 35km. Once the Pass levels out, take the right hand turn off signposted for the Northern Drakensberg.
- Travel for approximately 8km towards the Royal Natal National Park, turn right at the first road after the Tower Pizza .
- Our signpost will be seen along the road. Follow the signposts to the Resort.
- Have a safe journey!
Please note there are two proposed travel routes to reach Alpine Heath Resort but the quickest route, which involves driving on the road between Harrismith and Alpine Heath Resort, is not the easiest road to travel on due to current construction taking place. As such, we would highly recommend that guests taking this route do so only during the day and when travelling this path, to please drive slowly and carefully when approaching the two sets of roadworks enroute.
The slightly longer, alternative route that proceeds through Ladysmith consists of much better roads so we recommend that visitors take this route when travelling during misty and low visibility conditions or at night time. Please note that this route adds an additional 80km onto your journey and you are required to go through an additional toll road.
Durban To Alpine Heath [270km - 3 hours]
Take the N3 highway from Durban towards Johannesburg.
Once you have passed the Estcourt Shell Ultra City, take the R74 off ramp towards Bergville / Winterton.
- Travel through Winterton and Bergville, following the R74 signposts for Harrismith.
- Approximately 38km after Bergville turn left at the Northern Drakensberg signposts.
- Travel for approximately 8km towards the Royal Natal National Park, turn right at the first road after the Tower Pizza towards Alpine Heath.
- Our signpost will be seen along the road. Follow the signposts to the Resort
- Have a safe journey!
28Degrees – 36 minutes – 50.25seconds SOUTH 29Degrees – 0 minutes – 1.2 seconds EAST
|Click to Download Directions to Alpine Heath|